Professional Freestyle windsurfer

Tuesday 5 April 2011

El Tur to Dahab.


Since I last wrote we had another awesome few days over in El Tur, the conditions were flat as ever and I was fully powered up on my 4.5 Ice. We got loads more filming done including some more sick action from the crane, to be honest its almost so flat that you end up getting bored quite quickly after landing all your moves for the camera so I went on to try some new stuff!! Great idea or maybe not as it turned out- a few years ago I had seen a mate of mine Jamie Gibbs do a switch move that you sail into with one hand on your hip, the move started of being called the "lazy boy" but soon ended up with the more suitably camp name " The Teapot " the screen shot below is once my hand has moved off my hip. So I landed the move within a few attempts and it was pretty entertaining as a joke move, so the next day I'm sailing into the beach in El Tur and there's a fair few spectators so I thought it would be the perfect time to bang out the " The Teapot " hahah!! So as I'm rotating around the mast I completely miss judge my hand on the boom and end up powering my bent big finger and knuckle straight into the boom!!! Ended up with one big, very sore and swolen finger/ hand!! Luckilly I topped up on the Ibuprofen and got back on the water to get the water filming done but as soon as I stopped for lunch it was too painful to head back out that afternoon. I wasnt worried as the forecast for Dahab looked like we would get a rest day.

We had the trip to Dahab perfectly planned out so that we arrived just in time for the legendary " Club Dahab party night " and after a serious amount of rum was consumed we were happy in bed for the rest of the next day waiting on the monday for some promised wind. We made the right choice as the next few days were absolutely howling! Adam and I were fully powered on 4.7's and made the trip up to Baby bay with the crane only to find out once we had assembled the crane that we were missing the crucial piece to attach the camera!!! We had a lot of footage already and after being pretty de-motivated by the crane incident we decided to do more free sailing for the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment